After a through evaluation of around 50 applicants, pre-selected 15 start-ups were invited to the second screening sessions pitching to the selection committee of the program. Applications include a wide variety of categories such as cloud services, big data, mobile apps, and hardware.
The selected teams for the first season of Orange Fab Asia include 8 start-ups:
– ABEJA (real world optimization using Computer Vision)
– Jin-Magic (TCP traffic optimization technology)
– livepass (push-based mobile video ad network)
– Locarise (Wi-Fi based retail analytics for specialty stores)
– Mashroom (communication device for touch screen)
– NetLED (network LED control system)
– Pigmal (audio jack-based ID tag for smartphone)
– sMedio (smart device screen sharing technology)
During the three-month program, the start-ups will have access to relevant people and divisions in Orange to investigate partnership opportunities with Orange group. Mentoring sessions from industry experts including successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and UI/UX designers from Japan, Asia, US and Europe will be provided as well. In addition, they will be invited to Demo Day in Paris to have opportunities of pitching and meeting with top decision makers in Orange Group.