Orange Fab Asia held the 5G Challenge Final Pitch Competition on July 15th as an online event. We launched calling for applications to the Challenge in January targeting Asian startups which utilize 5G network to provide innovation to improve our society and economy. We received 76 applications, which we thoroughly investigated their potential receiving feedback from relevant divisions and people in Orange globally. 9 startups selected as finalists through the screening process participated in the online pitch event.
- 3i 3D intelligence platform for facility management
- Cloudzen Cloud streaming game platform
- Holoeyes VR-based visualization and communication service for surgeons and hospitals
- MAXST Intuitive AR authoring tool for remote collaboration and others
- Minkonet 3D Replay total solution for Sports/eSports/Cultural contents
- PicoCELA High-powered and field proven wireless backhaul technology
- Safeware Wearable airbag for industrial workers detecting fall down
- Seadronix AI-vision analysis based smart berthing solution for vessels
- Texel Video experience as a service platform scale to any device
We invited juries who are involved with acceleration and promotion of 5G from 5 telecom operators from different countries as follows.
- Jiyong Lee, Director, Strategic Partnership, SK Telecom (South Korea)
- Barry Chen, Director, APT 5G Accelerator, Asia Pacific Telecom Group (Taiwan)
- Masahito Saito, Manager, Global Business Division, Softbank (Japan)
- Linda Foo, Director, Innovation & Partnerships, Singtel Innov8 (Singapore)
- Francois Jezequel, Business development, Orange Fab France, Orange (France)
The 9 startups had 3 minutes pitch followed by Q&A from the juries. After the pitches from all the startups, the winners were announced as follows based on ratings from juries.
Winners and awards
- 1st Prize: PicoCELA (5,000 USD)
- 2nd Prize: Holoeyes (3,000 USD)
- 3rd Prize: Texel (2,000 USD)
Over 100 viewers attended virtually to the 1.5 hour event.