1. Secual (Season 5), smart home security, launches Secual SIM Gateway
Secual provides home security solution with dedicated sensors attached on windows and doors to detect shaking or impact that happens when an intruder tries to enter and send alert to its smartphone app. To use the service, in addition to the sensors, a dedicated gateway device to gather the information from sensors and to relay them to the system with Wi-Fi communication is required. With the new gateway in which SIM is integrated, any homes without Wi-Fi can use the solution.
2. Empath (Season 9), voice emotion AI, won the 1st prize at ICT SPRING in Luxembourg and Tech in Asia Singapore
Empath is Emotion AI, which can identify emotion from the voice in real-time regardless of language. By analyzing multiple physical properties of the voice, Empath detects 4 emotions which are joy, calm, anger and sorrow, in addition to an energy point. On May 16th, Empath won two prizes. ICT SPRING is an annual technology & innovative event in Luxembourg. More than 500 companies from 70 countries has participated in this conference. Empath also won the pitch battle at “Tech in Asia Singapore 2018”. It was selected as TOP7 companies and won the 1st prize.
3. ListenField (Season 9), agritech, was selected in the first cohort of FoodTrack by Maersk, the global logistics company
ListenField develops and provides Innovative API Ecosystem for integrating and analyzing Agro-Environmental data to provide predictive insight to users. Maersk, the global logistics company, and Rockstart, the startup accelerator, have released the names of the 10 startups joining the first cohort of FoodTrack by Maersk selected from 310 applications. The month-long startup program is focused on combatting food loss across the food chain and will provide startups with exclusive access to Maersk leaders across departments as well as the company’s network of suppliers and partners to help validate their technologies. Participating startups will also be in the running for an equity investment from Maersk’s venture arm, Maersk Growth.
4. 8 startups from Orange Fab Tokyo participated in Viva Technology in Paris
Viva Technology was held on May 24-26 in Paris with over 100,000 visitors and 1,800 startups either exhibiting or pitching. From Orange Fab Tokyo, 8 startups below participated in the event.
- Orange booth: Empath, ListneField. Triple W Japan
- JETRO booth: Aquabit Spirals, Eyes JAPAN, Hachi Tama, FutuRocket
- Verizon contest: Mashroom