1. Aerospace entertainment, ALE (Season 11) raised 11M USD in a series A round led by Horizon Ventures
Tokyo-based ALE Co., Ltd (ALE), led by CEO Lena Okajima, with the mission to bring space closer to people, has completed a successful series A round of funding led by Horizons Ventures, the Hong Kong-based private investment arm of Mr. Li Ka-shing, and SPARX Group, Shinsei Corporate Investment, QB Capital, and individual investors.
ALE is a private aerospace startup operating the “Sky Canvas” project, which lightens the sky to a vast canvas for aerospace entertainment by creating man-made meteors. It also advances research of the upper atmosphere, collecting data in the mesosphere during reentry, small satellites and related technologies
2. Small drone for indoor inspection, Liberaware (Season 10) fundraised from NEC Capital Solution and Venture Labo Investment
Liberaware will use the capital to improve the facility inspection drone ”IBIS”, which was launched in April 2019 as well as to develop auto patrol type IBIS to be commercialized soon. In addition, it plans to enhance its data provider business, which edits and processes video recorded by IBIS to make inspection and measuring of facilities process more efficient.
3. Triple W Japan (Season 8) and Empath (Season 9) won the 1st prize at IFA NEXT in Berlin
IFA, a trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances took place from 4 to 9 September in Berlin. At IFA NEXT, an innovation hub area, pitch contest was held in each day for 6 categories. Among the 6 categories, 2 startups from Orange Fab Tokyo won the first prize. At digital health category, Triple W Japan, who provides DFree, toilet predicting device won the award. Empath, an emotion analytics AI, took the top spot in AI category.
4. Orange Fab China Tour took place from September 22nd to 27th
9 startups from Orange Fab around the world joined in the third China tour organized by Orange Sourcing Consulting in Beijing. The tour started in Beijing followed by visiting Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Shenzhen in just 5 days. The startups watched, discussed, pitched in the 4 cities to learn about Chinese startup ecosystem to start business and fundraise in China.
From Orange Fab Tokyo, the below 3 startups joined in the tour.
- Amegumi, Smartphone OS for hard workers, Sunblaze OS (Season 9)
- Zenport, SaaS for international trade (Season 10)
- meleap, AR tech sports, HADO (Season 11)