We held the 11th Tokyo Demo Day with 19 startups to pitch and demo at booth inviting over 110 guests. Following welcome message by Jean-Michel Serre, CEO of Orange Japan and Director of Open Innovation Asia of Orange, Laurent Pic, the French Ambassador to Japan, gave a speech about innovation to the audiences.
The below startups presented their technology and company for 5 minutes each in English.
- Orange Fab Tokyo: ALE, Novars, Maktar, meleap, Lizuna, PicoCELA
- Orange Fab Seoul: EMTAKE. Olive Union, NexWill, WARP Solution
- Orange Fab Taipei: Evertiphi, Rice Ear, InnovART Design, Linsation
- Sydney Pitch Competition: Tuna Solutions, VBreathe
- Vietnam Pitch Competition: DUT-AC
- Guest from Germany: Artisense
After the pitches from Orange Fab Asia startups, audiences vote for a winner of the Spring 2019 season.
Spring 2019 Tokyo Demo Day Winner: meleap
meleap develops HADO™, which is the combination of motion sensor, smartphone, AR (Augmented Reality) tech, and sports that creates a whole new experience that we call Techno Sports. HADO™’s AR tech enables people to shoot the energy balls and pull up the shields that people have dreamed of since childhood.
As a prize, meleap will be invited to exhibit at GITEX Future Stars in Dubai to be held from October 6th to 10th.
After the announcement, audiences and participating startups had discussion at their booth followed by cocktail party.